Smart Cleaning Group Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.smartcleaninguk.co.uk and www.oven-smart.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account”: Means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our site;
“Cookie”: Means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site. Details of the Cookies used by our site are set out in Part 14, below; and
“Cookie law” : means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
2. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Smart Cleaning Group Limited registered in England under company number 09804292
Registered office: 13 Fairway Drive Upper Poppleton YO26 6HE
Main trading address: As Above
VAT number: 257353393
Data Protection Officer: Benjamin Hirst
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0113 8 980 980
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us or a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Payment information
- Information about your preferences and interests
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email, Text and post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by email, telephone or post).
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually our site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- General enquiries: up to two years
- For the duration of your contractual relationship with us plus up to two years, i.e. for as long as you remain our client, and then up to two years after the relationship is terminated.
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the EU. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
No, We do not share any data with third party companies.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us at the point of providing your details.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
11. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 28 days and no longer than one month after receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
All Cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
14. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
For the attention of: Benjamin Hirst
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0113 8 980 980
Postal Address: 13 Fairway Drive Upper Poppleton York YO26 6HE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Get in touch
Great service. Very quick but thorough job at such a reasonable price. Lovely chap did a great job cleaning our carpets after we have spent the last 5 months house training our pup! House is now clean and fresh smelling. Very very happy. - Jen King
Smart Cleaning did a fantastic job on our office carpets and at a great price and time to suit us. I highly recommend these professionals! - Jim Semlyen
Just had my 14 year old oven cleaned & it has come up like new. Would definitely recommend. E Powell